Our courses are designed to take place face-to-face and online via Zoom (see below).
We always hope to see our delegates in person, however, due to health and safety in Covid times, your course may be moved online.
Skills for delegates
We offer many courses to help you build your knowledge and skills as a delegate to give you confidence to lead members.
Our core training takes place in four stages.
At the end of each seminar, you choose a task to put together what you have learnt.
You need to complete stages one to four (in order), before taking other courses.
Stage one: Standing Up At Work (course 711)
This is a two-day course, with each training day around six weeks apart.
- What it means to be part of E tū
- Organising to build power
- The delegate leadership role
Stage two: Problem Solving Culture (course 710)
- Representing members
- The disciplinary process
- Building members’ understanding of E tū’s online resources
Stage three: Worker Leading (course 722)
- Different styles of leadership
- Identifying and developing leaders
- E tū’s campaigns
Stage four: Democracy and Industry Economics (course 712)
- History of E tū
- Using politics to increase our influence
- Economic issues and climate justice
E tū offers training on our major campaigns that affect workers, such as Fair Pay Agreements (FPAs) and Just Transition.
Making work better (course 724)
- How to be a potential leader at your workplace
Planning for campaigns (course 728)
- Learn more about Fair Pay Agreements (FPA)
- How FPAs can help workers in your industry
- Campaigning for FPAs
Applied skills for campaigning (course 729)
- More to come
Leaders in Transition industries (course 721)
- More to come
Job Match training
E tū’s Job Match is a job seeker service for members looking for work and employers looking for workers.
We can help you with:
- Writing your CV
- Writing your cover letter
- Job interview preparation
- Personal advice on your job hunt
Email email@example.com to sign up!
How to use Zoom
Zoom is an online platform for hosting virtual meetings.
We use Zoom to run all our training that takes place online.
If you’re new to Zoom or need a refresh, CLICK HERE.